Kart race season opener Friday April 28th. Gates open 4pm, Practice 6:30pm and Racing 8pm. $6 general admission, $18 family rate up to 4 people or $12 pit passes. Come out to OMP for a family fun night of racing.
Sat. April 22nd OMP is having a open practice for Motorcycle, Quads and Karts form 11am-5pm. $20 per rider $5 per pit member.
All Karts must have a muffler
Rotary valve or Reed valve Two-Stroke Cycle Engines
1. Single Cylinder Small Displacement 2-Cycle Engines
2. Single Cylinder Large Displacement 2-Cycle Engines
3. Multiple Engine 2-Stroke (No common crankcase multiple cylinder engine.)
Flat Head Four-Stroke cycle Engine
1. 190 lbs. plus one pound for every 3cc or fraction of a cc. multiple engines or cylinders are permissible.
2. 500cc maximum total displacement with a tolerance of 10cc when checked
Pistion Port Two-Stroke Cycle Engine
1. 130 lbs. plus one pound for each cc or fraction of a cc.
2. Multiple engines or cylinders are Permissible
Overhead Cam (SOHC or DOHC) Four-Stroke Cycle Engine
1. Overhead cam engine or engines, multiple cylinders permitted. 500cc maximum displacement +/- 10cc when checked.
2. Minimum weight as follows; 205 lbs. plus 1 lb. for every 2 cc’s or fraction of a cc. Any engine or combination of engines from 450cc to 500cc are capped at a minimum weight of 430 lbs. unless power adders are used.
Overhead valve (OHV-Push Rod) Four-Stroke cycle Engine
1. 200 lbs. plus one pound for every 2.5cc or fraction of a cc. multiple engines or cylinders are permissible, 500cc maximum total displacement with a tolerance of 10cc when checked.
Our goal at Owosso Kart Speedway is to provide families and friends with a place that’s fun, fair, and affordable with a competitive race environment May through Sept.
Karting is exhilarating, it’s the kind of fun that you can’t match with any ordinary past time. But one of the most rewarding aspects of karting lies in the preparation and anticipation of trying out your hard work and seeing the fruits of your labor put to the test, against others with just as much desire to win.
Our track at Owosso Kart Speedway consists of a 750’ long x 40’ wide dirt oval with a true 10 degree banking making it fast but safe. Can’t wait to see you there.